Info: Advanced Recycling Conference (ARC) – Together we drive the evolution of the circular economy for plastics
14-15 November 2022 – hybrid event (on site and online), Cologne, German
First 10 speakers from leading and emerging companies confirmed – be part of the solution and submit your abstract by 30 September
Everything you ever want to know about advanced recycling technologies and renewable chemicals, building-blocks, monomers, and polymers based on recycling: Hear about it at the Advanced Recycling Conference (ARC), 14-15 November 2022, Cologne, Germany (hybrid event). The unique concept of presenting a variety of advanced recycling solutions and related topics at one event guarantees a comprehensive and exciting conference experience, including technologies such as extrusion, dissolution, solvolysis, enzymolysis, pyrolysis, thermal depolymerisation, gasification, and incineration with Carbon Capture Utilisation (CCU).
The conference gained momentum with an increasing number of submitted abstracts and the first 10 speakers are already confirmed while the program is steadily shaped and expanded through ongoing evaluation of further exiting contributions.
The selected contributions illustrate the dynamic development of the plastics recycling sector
Recent developments in markets and policy indicate a clear transformation and long-lasting change in the circular economy of plastics. While the European Green Deal has set the overarching aim for the European Union, markets and big industrial players as well as emerging start-ups worldwide have set off on a journey to implement and establish advanced recycling solutions. Still, some milestones in this quest can only be achieved through co-operation, partnerships, acquisitions, or fusions which could be observed throughout many announcements of past year. Especially the most recent developments point towards strategies that build bridges between conventional mechanical recycling and advanced recycling technologies in which both elements complement each other.
Versatile and innovative landscape of advances recycling technologies
Several LCAs on different recycling technologies and value chains are already published. However, critical aspects remain to be discussed and clarified, for instance on how to conduct such assessment in detail and which parameters to consider in order to compare the different technologies, feedstocks, and products with each other to draw meaningful conclusions.
Besides the recycling technologies, pre- and post-processing as well as upgrading technologies represent important pillars for the establishment of meaningful value chains and together contribute to the evolution of the circular economy.
We are happy to confirm the following companies and speakers
With the first confirmed speakers the attendees of ARC already offer deep insights into those developments including exchange and networking opportunities with a variety of stakeholders along the entire plastics value chain.
We are happy to confirm the participation of the following companies and speakers:
- BASF (DE), Carolin Deregowski – LCA of chemical recycling of mixed plastic waste
- Carbios (FR), Martin Stephan – Recycling any kind of PET wastes into any kind of PET products: the power of biology
- DSD – Duales System (DE), Michael Wiener – Closed loop recycling – building bridges between chemical and mechanical recycling
- Interzero (DE), Richard von Goetze – Enabling Chemical Recycling in Germany – What feedstock can actually be used for Chemical Recycling
- KPMG (NL), Tom Hesselink – The green deal: a game changer for the waste management and plastics industries
- Krauss Maffei Extrusion (DE), Franz-Xaver Keilbach – Solvent-based and chemical recycling with single and twin-screw extrusion
- Plastic Energy (UK), Carlos Monreal – Closed-loop recycling: building bridges between chemical and mechanical recycling
- Rittec Umwelttechnik (DE), Mathias Kirstein – Innovative back-to-monomer recycling – solution for mixed PET/Polyester waste
- Shell (DE), N.N. – Shell’s Plastic Circular Economy ambitions
- Sulzer Chemtech (CH), Luis Hoffmann – Overcoming the challenge of purification in chemical recycling.
Call for Abstracts
Want to give a presentation at the conference? You are welcome to present your latest products, technologies or developments.. Deadline for submission: 30 September 2022
Submit your abstract now!
Call for Posters
Want to present a poster at the conference? You are welcome to present your latest products, technologies or developments. Deadline for submission: 30 September 2022
Submit your poster now!
Registration is open! Registration fee is 895 EUR (excl. 19% VAT) for both days and 450 EUR (excl. 19% VAT) for the virtual option.
Become a sponsor of the conference!
Join us as a sponsor and find a range of sponsoring options which provide you with maximum visibility and impact at the conference. We are open to new ideas and would be delighted to implement them with you. Please contact us if our sponsoring options appeal to you or if you would like to put forward a proposal of your own!
Key Account Management
Become an exhibitor of the conference!
Companies that would like to book an exhibition booth (6m2) can do so for the price of 1,100 EUR (excl. 19% VAT). Included in the booth fee is one conference ticket. The conference exhibition is located prominently within the conference hall so interaction with the participants is guaranteed. Further information here.